Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mental health weekend..:)

So this weekend I will be making the drive down with a friend of mine and our two little ladies to T'ville to enjoy a mental health weekend. Even though I have met some awesome awesome friends up here, I still really miss my friends from down south and I've been in DESPERATE need of just a girl outing..nothing fancy, but dinner and and just time to talk. So all of us old school friends are going to hang out...I've known Patti since she was two and we've been through thick and thin and I'm glad she still loves me through all of it, and of course Alison is my sister in law and I'm soo glad I got a friend as a sister in law. It made it so easy to be family when you already know and love someone...the other girls have just been friends forever and none of us really get the time to hang. Its going to be so nice to get out and not have to worry about all 3 of my children for a little while. I'm so blessed to have a husband who encouraged my need to have some girl time and is graciously taking care of our two oldest while I'm gone.

Kate had to go to the Pediatrician's office this week cause she was coughing and it was causing her to gag and such and she hasn't been eating much. Ped. ended up putting her on a nebulizer and some albuterol to help...I've noticed a change just in one day, so hopefully she won't have to be on it forever, but GAH and I thankful that we have Medicaid and everything Kate needs is being taken care of without me having to blink an eye at how much it costs. Praise God for provision..even if it is through the state. :) I also was trying to get in with this pediatrician for several months and they kept saying they weren't taking new patiants..but I decided to call again yesterday and they said they'd take her(and I'm assuming my other 2 since I'm already there). It was such an answer to prayer and I'm so glad to have a more natural minded ped. who isn't quick to prescribe things my child doesn't need and didn't even bat an eye at our having not vaccinated her at all.

Took Olivia to get her hair cut today..she's been asking to have it done for a while and I put it off cause I was trying to grow it out, but at her age the long hair is soo hard to keep up with, so we opted for a chin length bob..she loves it and I'll be sure to post pictures of it soon, most likely on Facebook.

Anyways, its 12:12am and I know if I don't get to bed soon, I'll be regretting it later. :)

0 comments: