
My child has a hemangioma..Its a benign tumour of cells(the cells that line the blood vessels). They aren't usually present at birth and grow during the first year, and usually go away by age 2. Olivia's started showing up around a few weeks old..her's was on her lip and in part of her cheek on the inside. We got asked soo many times if she had busted her lip! ..By age 2 you could barely even tell it was there and now you'd never have known she had one. (Olivia at age 3 months)
When Kate was born we noticed she had some weird spots on her stomach..didn't think much of them. At her one week visit with a ped we asked about them and she said they were hemangiomas. Fast forward another week and I notice the same red mark on her head...oh great. She's 2 months old now and its gotten bigger and way noticable. It doesn't bother me a bit, but it is kind of annoying to have to tell everyone what it is..and yet I think it kind of bothers me more if people just ignored it and thought my kid had some crazy weird birthmark.. I've done my research about it girls have a much higher rate of getting them then boys, which would probably explain why Noah never got one. We are just believing for God to keep its growth to a minimum and for it not to leave any kind of scarring type stuff.
Its funny cause she has hair there(which I am soo thankful for as I've read it can leave bald spots when they are on the head...we aren't receiving this for Kate one bit) and it sticks up higher then the rest of her hair..haha..so she kind of has a crooked little tiny mohawk. :) 
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Hemangiomas..
Posted by Fletchymama at 9:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment