I'm learning how to be better about not taking things personally. Its so easy to tell people when I've said them that it wasn't a personal comment, but I know other people have said things for the general public that I've taken quite personally. I have to remind myself that everything that gets said in life isn't an attack on me as a person.
Though it has made me more careful about what I say because I realize how things can be misconstrued now. I think this is especially easy when it has something to do with spirituality. When you believe something so wholeheartedly, and someone makes an opposed view it shakes you to the core of your beliefs and doesn't make you doubt those beliefs so much as just offend what you believe.
God has stripped away everything I thought I knew about Him, church, family...and is rebuilding this beautiful picture that HE wants me to know, and not just know, but LIVE. Its so humbling. Almost painful...and yet in the midst of it all the purging and the Refiner's fire, I want nothing more but Him.
What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ.
Philippians 3:8
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Don't take things so personally..
Posted by Fletchymama at 10:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment