Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Something that stood out.

Not this past Sunday but the Sunday before that when we met with some Brother and Sister's in Gainsville, one of our new sweet friends was sharing about some of her frustrations with her attitude and a friend of her's had led her to the passage about what love was(1st Corinthiants 12:4-8a)..God is love and Jesus is God(still have a hard time wrapping my brain around how that works! haha), and so she was instructed to read it as though it was talking about Jesus.

Jesus is patient and kind. He is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Jesus does not demand His own way. He is not irritable, and keeps no record of when He has been wronged. He is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Jesus never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful and endures through every circumstance. Jesus lasts forever...

If we are dwelling and living IN Christ all we have to do is allow Him to have expression in our lives and step aside to make room for Him. We are Christ's expression on the earth(Gen. 1:6,7) and I know I do a pretty bad job of representing Him sometimes. I'm trying to learn to set aside Kayla and welcome Him to talk instead of me..To love unconditionally instead of my conditional love..

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

This was good Kayla. Something I needed to hear. I have a hard time with this, and I definitely want people to see Jesus in me! Thanks for sharing!

Kelly said...

love this.