Thursday, August 19, 2010

Today...

I can probably count on my hand the number of times I really and truly felt the Lord correct me...I mean I know He probably has lots of times but I've never made a real note of it. This past week has been one of lots of them.

Luke and I have over the course of him being "unemployed" talked earnestly about living in the day to day with the Lord in terms of provision. This month is the first time we've ever had to pay our mortgage "late"..meaning after it was due even if it was only a few days. It pushed us further into the trusting Him realm then we have ever been. I am SO thankful that its been over a year and a half before its happened and its only been by His hand that we've made it this far without a steady income.

I'm a planner, I like things in control..I hate change for the most part. So trusting Him...and I mean TRULY trusting Him is crazy hard. This past week, I have felt the Lord gently correcting me. I can't even begin to tell you how many times my mind has wandered to "how will be pay this?", "what about this coming trip we are taking", "where are the groceries coming from this week?"..and EACH and EVERY time, the Lord speaks softly but sternly. "Today, Kayla. You have what you need today.". Its so easy for me to get ahead of myself and forget to thank Him for what He did TODAY!

Today I have a roof over my head.
Today my stomach has food in it and my family is full as well.
Today my power and water are on.
Today I still have satalite and internet.
Today my oven still works(gas).
Today there is gas in my car.
Today my husband worked and earned money.

It seems God was wanting me to practice what I was preaching.

Thank You Lord for today..thank You for all the provisions You have given us for today. Thank You that I don't know how You'll take care of tomorrow, but that I can trust that You will. Thank You that I can rest and be at peace because You are good..Always.

0 comments: