I don't feel 25..I seriously still feel like I'm 17..Hoping this is a normal feeling. haha..I mean I don't feel 17 in terms of maturity. I'm far more capable of handling life and situations now then at 17 but just in general. I'm no longer in my early 20's...and the idea of having to comes to grasp with the idea of being an official adult puts me in awe at how wonderful my life has been up to this point. This isn't to say I haven't had my fair share of crummy situations where I wondered why me, but my life has literally had the hand of God all over it. I'm so thankful for my 25 years and all that He has given me.
Today my sweet friend Kelly told me to show up at a location and then surprised me with a manicure(my first!) and some awesome yummy yogurt at The Yogurt Tap. It was a lot of fun..I was also given some money this week by Luke's Mom and decided to buy myself a new purse..I've had my other one for over 2 years now and figured it was time to get something different..Mine's a messenger bag and great for traveling, not so much for every day use.
Tomorrow evening I have an appointment with a tattoo shop in Decatur to get my first tattoo. I'm quite surprised at the amount of people willing to chime in on why I shouldn't be getting one, but just like every other choice in life we make, this is mine. I'm happy and at peace and though I'm not looking forward to the pain, I'm excited that I've finally worked up enough nerve to do it..haha..I didn't realize till recently that there is a good deal of aftercare that has to take place, so I'm probably more intimidated by that then anything else! I'll be sure to post picture(s) later tomorrow.
Also my brother in law is coming back to the States this week after being gone to Afghanistan for a year. We are all soo thankful for his safety while there and believing for a safe return this week.
My man has cleaned my kitchen and has gone out to get me a cookie cake for my birthday and said he wanted to stay up till midnight when he could have me blow it out then. Such a sweet guy I have!
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
I'm turning 25 tomorrow...
Posted by Fletchymama at 8:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Happy Birthday Kayla! 25, dang you are getting old! haha just kidding! I am glad to know I've celebrated 23 out of 25 of those years with you (if not literally than in spirit!)I can't wait to see your tattoo, are you actually getting it tomorrow? I wish I was there to celebrate with you! I'm glaD Luke is treating you extra special!
Post a Comment