Tuesday, August 10, 2010

In other news...

This past weekend was fun. We were fighting off a cold of some sort but we all seem to be on the mend now thankfully...just a little congestion and one little runny nose left. Saturday we went to get the boy's hair cut, went by and got me a few things of clothes and went to the park for a little bit.

Sunday we decided that since our kids would be in close contact with other small children that going to meet with the Body of Christ wasn't the best idea..so we stayed home and just lazied around all day...Then went and enjoyed Rita's with Erin/Wesley/Dad...thankfully I haven't heard of anyone getting sick over there...yay! :)

Monday morning started out early for me. I'm NOT a morning person..I've said it before but its totally true. But I needed to go to the dentist and I needed to get up and go as early as I could so that Luke only had to miss out on some of the morning work while watching the kids. Went for my first cleaning in like I can't even remember when. I'm almost always in for some sort of work so just doing a cleaning is usually pushed aside. I don't remember cleanings being that painful! Maybe its cause I haven't had one in forever but it hurt SO bad and it was a bloody site to say the least. They thought I had gingivitis it was so bad..but thankfully I didn't. They did find 4 cavities which they basically already knew about since my last visit. They went ahead and filled two yesterday and was thankful when they mentioned that one of them was super close to the nerve but they had put some stuff in there to help it reminerilize instead of just doing a root canal. They said I'd had cold sensitivity because it was so close but honestly I have only had it be uncomfortable like twice...so I'm hopeful that I won't need another root canal. I got back next Monday to get the other two filled and then its just deciding which next big thing needs to be addressed, like one of my molars needs a crown cause its got a tiny little crack in it..but they weren't concerned about it because the tooth and the filling itself looked so good. :)

Threw myself a pity party yesterday when I was watching everyone post pictures of their children going off to school. Part of me wishes I was in on that experience but thankfully one of my friends encouraged me and now I'm ok. There is a lot of fear of the unknown when it comes to schooling Olivia..I think once I start I'll be ok. :) It also helped that all Olivia's curriculum came in yesterday. I was AMAZED at the amount of stuff they sent. I mean I literally have everything I need outside of regular paper and maybe some crayons..they sent magnets, rain gauges, safety goggles..more books(regular reading type) then I could imagine, dry erase boards(with everything that goes with it), a magnet board and lots of little magnets with numbers and letters on them, blow up globes of the continents and of constellations, and lots of actual school work books. It made me so happy and I can't wait to be able to get a book shelf hopefully this week that I can put everything on and have it all organized.

1 comments:

Alala said...

I have the same problem when it comes to the dentists. I hate going because I know I will always have to have something done.

I'll offer some encouragement, I would homeschool in heartbeat if God wanted it that way. We're taking it year to year. I think homeschooling is great and what better way for a child to learn than by having their curriculum tailored to them. Good job Kayla!!