Friday, March 6, 2009

Not busy..

Luke had an interview yesterday...pray it turns out well please! Also sent our resume in to another company that is looking for someone JUST like Luke..so we'll see how it all pans out. Wanting God's best.. He's working with a friend's husband tomorrow to make a little...which will help for sure.

Today we got up, ate breakfast and decided to FINALLY go to the library thats super super close to us. Its slightly ghetto so I was hesitant to go by myself..but since Luke was with us, we tried it out..Not too bad..it wasn't huge, or overly nice..but it will be nice to check some books out for the kids and for me occasionally. So I'm now the proud owner of a Dekalb County Library card...yay! :) Plus, I realized it wasn't as ghetto as it looks and can most certainly go again without Luke having to come with us. :)

Also went grocery shopping today...got a whole week's worth of groceries for $81 dollars!! I'm so proud..its the lowest I've ever gone..but the Buy one Get One's this week were nice and I had a few leftover ingredients from last weeks BOGO items that helped to make meal planning and ingredient buying this week easier. It made me happy to think I was helping by being frugal and shopping savvy....

On to a lazy afternoon...

3 comments:

BParrish said...

If I could only get dad to bring me in the newspaper on Wednesdays I could find out the BOGO specials. Wonder if they're online somewhere.....off to check.

Jennifer said...

I love the buy one get one. Most places don't let you just get one for half but Publix does. I do that all the time. If it weren't for a $23 box of diapers I might could do it for that too!

BParrish said...

OK, so I shopped at Publix last night and my receipt said I had saved $31. Pretty good! Ours has some "in store" BOGO too that I took advantage of.