Monday, March 16, 2009

Routine..

This week feels so much more normal so far..I REALLY loved having Luke around this past week and a half, but it felt like life was in pause..like no matter how much we did or accomplished we were still in this waiting period. Which is still partially true, but since Luke has been blessed with some work this week with Joel and drawing a house for said contractor across the street that was mentioned before, its feeling more like normal routine and less like chaos..After 6 years of waking up pretty much by myself every morning(aside from weekends) I can't help but miss him sleeping in with me, but I know I can't complain and I'm soooo thankful for the provision we have been blessed with. Still no word on the actual office job work front, but we are believing God's got a reason for this break and Luke's actually enjoying being out and doing something more physical rather then sitting at a desk all day. Sure makes for a much more tired guy at the end of the day, but I can't help but beam with pride at his endurance...cause I know he's really doing it mostly for us.

Its grocery shopping day today..We normally go on the weekend, but since we were gone all weekend, today it is. While I know I could probably afford to get regular groceries this week, I'm going to try and do my best to make low budget meals and try and sacrifice some normal name brand stuff we might normally buy. I may even try coupon hunting today if I get around to it...we'll see. :)

Our weekend was great! We were able to leave before lunch on Friday, and even with trip back to our house(after about 30 minutes on the road!) to get my dress for the wedding we'd left, we made it to T'ville around 3:30...plenty of time to enjoy the evening. We went and watched my sister in law's softball team practice(she's 10), and then ate dinner with Luke's parents..Susan made lasagna which is always a favorite! Its so nice to spend time with them...got the kids in bed that night and I slept so nicely. Enjoyed a lazy Saturday morning...ate a great lunch Mom made, played some Wii and spent some time with Erin and Wesley before the wedding, got ready and enjoyed a really lovely wedding. Jeff and Melanie had a beautiful wedding and I always get a little sappy just thinking about them. Even though Luke and I have been married almost 6 years, it still feels like yesterday that we got married and it brings back all those warm gushy moments that make you appreciate all over again(not like I don't most of the time anyways, but you know!) why you married your spouse in the first place. Sunday was lazy..spent a little time with the Fletcher's, ate another great lunch, and let the kids nap while Dustin and Kristen spent a little time with us..then it was time to pack up and head home. We got back later then normal, but the trip was all in all fairly easy. We even got cheap 'ol Wendy's on the way home too..which is something we haven't done since the lay off. You don't realize how much you eat out till there is no money to do it with! haha..



Have I mentioned how much I love my girlfriends..? I love how we are all in way different stages of our lives and yet when we get together we are able to just be friends all over. These are the kind of girls that are able to just pick up where we left off and enjoy being together. I really miss getting to hang out with them and wish I had had more time while down in T'ville, but at least I got to see them and give them all hugs.

Anyways..back to the routine..hopefully the day goes well, Luke gets all the work done he needs to, and he'll return to a happy wife and hopefully a not too messy home. arg...:)

1 comments:

The Nealey's said...

I think all the time how much Josh works. Really he could live on a so much lower budget, but he doesn't wan't me to have to live that way, so he works hard everyday almost 6 days a week to supply us with what we need. I am so grateful for him. I know that's how you must feel with Luke.
It was so great seeing you! I promise it wont be the last before the baby comes ;) Even if I have to come up there. Love you