Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sorry its late..

I know I promised writing this past weekend, and I never got around to it. The life of me...

Had a Midwife appointment before Noah's birthday, and it went well..I always seem to have a high pulse, but its not making me unhealthy or causing issues, so I'm good to go on the pregnancy end. 7 lbs. gained to date..not too shabby...and for 27 weeks(at the time of weigh in), I consider that an ok weight gain so far. Now, its just keeping it reasonable for the rest of the pregnancy. :)

Noah's birthday went well...it rained all morning, so we opted to have the party at our house instead of the park we had planned, but it ended up being sunny anyways by party time, so we just let the kids play outside for a while...We've never had a "kid" party...usually its just family and our own friends..and mostly cause the kids didn't really have any friends in T'ville that were their age. It was crazy and hectic, but fun...Noah seemed to enjoy himself...we got lots of video and Erin and Jeri took lots of pictures which I'm thankful for since we didn't take any ourselves. We had a laid back Sunday..and didn't do much. It was nice...





I really scored last week on groceries...I was able to get like 3 more meals then normal all for what we would have spent normally...I really try and work Publix's buy one get one free stuff. This week happened to be some frozen Voila meals..and while I typically don't like the frozen meals as much, they are only $4's each and so for $12 dollars, I've fed my family 3 meals...not too bad. Grapes were also cheap this week...which always makes me happy. :)

Luke came home Tuesday early..I was napping, and didn't think anything of it when he came home..but the look on his face and when I noticed the time, did not seem good...he informed me that they had called him into their office and let him go due to lack of work at the company. They paid him for what he worked this week, and for all the days he never took off, and that was it. No severence or warning...needless to say we are very bummed and while accepting the fact that we have NO incoming cash at the moment is hard, we are strangly at peace..Luke has had a good interview with another company already, and has his resume in to another company that had an opening. We plan on scouring the internet for more possibilities today.. I'm so proud to have a man who didn't allow this to make him feel less then, and has taken on the task of finding a new job whole heartedly without complaint. We are believing for supernatural provision. We are also trying to enjoy Luke being home...not the best scenario of course, but we've been craving family time and we are loving having him around in between his work finding errands. Please pray for divine opportunities and favor in a market that the world claims is too hard to find work right now in.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am sorry to hear that Luke lost his job. Nathan's father just lost his also. He had been with the company over 20 years and was hoping to retire in a few years. We will be praying for yall!

The Nealey's said...

It looks like Noah had a blast. Wish. I coulda been! Luke is an awesome man and any company would be very honored to have him. I know the company probably didn't want to loose him. I know God has better plans for you guys. Keep me updated on what is going on with that. Love you!

Me said...

yay for a fun kiddo party.
sorry about the job loss, my dad lost his too. not good times but i guess its all in His plans. enjoy your family time... i know how important that is :)
and good for you on onl gaining 7lbs! my sis is due at the end of may and i'm enjoying her gaining... lol mean i know, but shes been a stick forever-.

Anonymous said...

Kayla, I am so sorry about Luke's job. Glad you have peace though. I will pray for you.

Now to something not nearly as important. Where did you get Noah's two shirt?

Buckmania said...

This would be a good time to check out the grocery game Kayla. I get about $100 worth of groceries for $30 every week.
Well worth it, but you have to cut coupons.
email me at julsbuckman@gmail.com and I will fill you in.

CheekyChicken said...

How in the world have you only gained SEVEN POUNDS?!?! I'm sure that I've gained at least 10 and I'm only 10 weeks!!! LOL

Also sorry to hear that Luke lost his j o b. I had no idea! I'll be praying for you all!

Hugs!